Nathan Krisanski in 30 seconds or less.
I am a technology innovator. I am technically trained and business smart.
My passion is in technology and data. Bringing ideas to reality through innovative thinking and problem solving. Finding new solutions to old problems or creating insight where there was only nothingness.
Nothing gets my blood pumping more than hitting enter and watching hours of coding and design unfold before my eyes as hundreds of millions of bits of data get collected and processed and organised and interpreted and then presented in a way never before seen. It’s a thrill not all understand.
Let’s analyze weekend property auction results and prices based on the weather for the day.
Let’s compare Google Analytics with your client billing information to determine usage yeilds for certain features or identify cross sell opportunites.
Let’s fill a hadoop cluster with tweets about your topics of interest and identify where discussions are taking place, between who and use natural language processing to determine sentiment.
Let’s get some data and make a difference in your industry!
The Full Story
- Australian Computer Society (ACS) Big Data presenter (2013)
- Tableau Brisbane User Group organiser (2013)
- Tableau Software User Conference Guest Speaker – Barcelona (2012)
Video case study and related media articles can be found on my blog pages
- Introduction to and Advanced iPhone development (2012)
- Introduction to Android development (2012)
- Introduction to UX (User Experience and Interface Design) (2012)
- Tonkin BI Conference – Spacial BI Panelist (2011)
- Tableau Software User Group – Best Presentation in Tableau innovation (2011)
- Miller Heiman Strategic Selling course (2008)
- Microsoft – Managing Windows Server 2003 course (2007)
- Miller Heiman Conceptual Selling course (2007)
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Software Engineering / Data Communications major
- Queensland University of Technology (2006)
- QCS – OP 3 & School Caption of Harristown State High School, Toowoomba (2002)
Core/Advanced IT Skills
- Data Visualisation and Infographic design – Tableau Software, D3, processing.js
- SQL, MySQL, Datawarehouse, ETL and Automation
- Spacial Analysis and BI, GIS (OpenStreetMap, Google, Shapefiles, MapInfo)
- Webservices, API’s and data integration/blending SOAP/XML/RESTFUL
- Amazon Web Services EC2, S3, etc.
- Web server/hosting configuration/deployment – http, ftp, ssh, email, subdomains
- Agile and Lean development philosophies
- Google Apps Platform – Docs/Forms/Sites/Integration to SQL Server
- Technical Specifications & Case Study writing
- WordPress (www.wordpress.org) management and development
- Social Media reporting/analysis & SEO – Facbook graph API
- Analysis of Market Position/Opportunity and reporting findings to Key Stakeholders
- Project Management
- Windows and Windows Server environments
- Networking (VPN, Remote Access, Troubleshooting)
Personal Skills & Attributes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoy the creative side of technology, exploring new ideas
- Outside of the box problem solving
- Analytical/Abstract thinking and attention to detail
- Customer focused and solutions driven
- Interest in statistics and mathematical computation
- Married in 2009
- Father of one
- USQ Ride the Range (100km Cycle for Charity 2013)
- BDO Brisbane Cootha Challenge (100km Cycle for Charity 2012)
- BMW Brisbane Ride for Life (90km Cycle for Charity 2011)
- Mooloolaba Triathlon (2009)
- Accredited Level 1 hockey coach (2004)
- Australian country open men’s hockey team (2002 – 2003)
- QLD country open men’s hockey team (2002 – 2003)
- Player of the Series – Hockey test series New Zealandvs. QLD (2002)
- QLD school boys hockey team (2002)
Current & Previous Employment
Employer Nathan Krisanski Consulting
I made the decision in 2013 to move on from full time employment and create my own consulting business specialising in Tableau Software, Business Intelligence and Data processing.
My mission is to make data visible for business.
I assist business with all aspects of this journey. From data collection, data enrichment, validation and cleansing to actionable insight and understanding to products and services for their own clients. The ability to not only use data to better understand your business or clients, but to offer them back services or products to add value or revenue, is what really sets my service apart from the rest.
During this time, my clients have included RPData, a corelogic company (www.rpdata.com), Ray White Group (www.raywhitegroup.com)
Period of work Feb 2013 – current
Employer The Ray White Group
Ray White is the largest Australasian Real Estate Franchise group with over 1000 offices in Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and now in China, UAE and India. The family owned group consists of the residential Real Estate property group as well as many other branches including Rural, Commercial, Invest, Loan Market (mortgage broking), Concierge (Call Centre) and Project Marketing.
Title Data Analyst (Nov 2008 – Jul 2010), Senior Analyst (Jul 2010 – Feb 2013)
Period of work Nov 2008 – Feb 2013
My role with the Ray White group is a “shared service” which means I conduct work for all the business units within the broader group. My key, day to day responsibilities include:
- development and maintenance of our ETL (Extraction Translation Load) data warehouse built on SQL Server 2005
- product innovation around data, visualisation and metrics
- training and coaching on data, business performance and assisting with recruitment activities for our corporate offices
- presenting at board meetings, internal and external conferences and working closely with the executive CEO team and White family board members
The data warehouse collects business information from several internal systems and also collates external data from providers for the calculation of market share. The time to compile market share reports has been reduced from 2-3 weeks to overnight allowing for monthly reporting when only quarterly was previously possible. We also provide localized, suburb level statistics to every member of the group, around 9,000 staff.
I provide analysis and commentary on our position and opportunity each month. This is in the form of a market share document with exec summary which may also include case studies on local areas of interest.
I am also involved with our IT, Online and Marketing teams, providing data and statistics for use in marketing campaigns, data driven system analysis, functional requirements for product development and innovation. This has given me exposure to UX design, graphic design and generating “infographics”.
A large part of my role as been in technical innovation. Large and small projects from using open source face detection to automatically reshape 10,000 profile photos saving many hours of manual graphic design work, to developing, maintaining and driving innovation for one of the most successful IT products in Ray White’s history, document builder.
Employer Vision Software Solutions
A market leading import, distribution and support organisation focused in the area of Medical Software.
Title Support Engineer (2005 – 2007), Account Manager (2007 – 2008)
Period of work 2005 – Nov 2008
My role with Vision Software Solutions (now operating as iMDSoft Australia) exposed me to cardiac imaging and reporting software, ProSolv, practice management software, HealthTrack, ICU system, iMDSoft, web-based ECG software, Epiphany and many other systems and technologies including MD, Genie, HL7, etc.
Responsibilities included installing and supporting complex medical IT systems in the Cardiology area. This included networking, managing windows environments, serial data connections, report and diagram customisation and programming.
I designed many custom applications to enhance the management of these sites and provide value-add features for customers, including an external statistical engine that provided patient demographic information for government reporting.
I also designed and maintained several clinical analysis applications for research purposes.
After 6 months from joining Vision as a technical support engineer, I was promoted to 2nd level support and after 12 months I was responsible for custom development and reporting projects. My database skills lead me to be heavily involved in migration projects for HealthTrack and research projects for ProSolv Cardiovascular. I enjoyed working with private practice and large public hospital clients including several local groups: QCG (Queensland Cardiovascular Group), Heart Care Partners and the Mater Hospital.
In July 2007 I was offered and accepted a position within the company to move into an Account Management role; however I continued to provide support when required.
I joined the sales team at Vision in a technical sales capacity, covering the QLD, WA and NZ territories as a full account manager. I also worked closely with the sales team and sales manager, Wayne Harris, on larger projects and where a technical sales lead was required.
The company grew into new segments of Medical IT offering solutions in Cardiology, Gastroenterology and Acute Care Management which broadened my exposure to the biotechnology industry.
In 2008, I played a major role in Vision/iMDSoft’s pitch for the QLD health ICU Clinical Information System tender. The project was held up shortly before I left due to a change in government. I was excitied to read that this project was finalised in 2010: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20101005006260/en/iMDsoft-signs-state-wide-agreement-Queensland-Health.
Employer Best Practice Australia & New Zealand
An expert provider of workforce diagnostics research in the professional medical industry.
Title Database Engineer / IT Support
Period of work 2004 – 2005 (part time while completing studies)
Responsibilities included maintaining of large databases, designing and troubleshooting complex queries and reports and day-to-day operation of the datasets.
I also maintained the office network, printers and email accounts and began working towards gaining accreditation for professional standards in IT.
I designed the first e-survey system that was used by the company, which moved them from a paper only system to semi automated data entry system.
Employer National Australia Bank
Title Teller (Temp staff)
Period of work School holidays 2001 to 2002
Responsibilities include processing transactions, international money orders, foreign exchange, ATMs, business deposits and balancing at end of day.
Please contact me prior to contacting my referees. Discretion may be requested.
Mr Brian White
Chairman of the Board – Ray White Group
Brian and I worked closely during my time at Ray White. I was a key resource for him to discuss growth opportunities and strategies for performance. Brian was a fantastic mentor.
Feel free to contact Brian on
Mr Ian Campbell
Real Estate Trainer and Consultant
Former Senior Manager of Market Share and Director of Marketing
The Ray White Group
Ian and I worked closely together for 3 years developing the Market Share ETL processes, innovation programs and marketing data concepts. After Ian took the role of Director of Marketing in 2011, I took over these projects and assisted with the direction of the Marketing and Online teams. Ian has since left the group and is consulting in the industry.
Feel free to contact Ian on
0411 157 211
Mr Greg Dickason
General Manager Data Products – rpdata
Greg was my supervisor and direct report while I was contracting with rpdata. We worked through deliverables and project outcomes to ensure my time was well spent and generated real outcomes for the business.
Feel free to contact Greg on
0435 963 168
Mrs Christine Gray
Events Co-ordinator / Assistant to Brian White, Chairman of the Board
The Ray White Group
I have worked closely with Christine for the last 4 years as my role involved working closely with Brian White, Chairman of the Board, and the CEO group.
Mr Chris Kelly / Mr Clinton Lawrence
Support Manager / Business Owner
Vision Software Solutions (currently employed with iMDSoft Australia)